EASY UPDATE BANNER 468X60

Friday, August 13, 2010

Mommy blogger? Don't mind if I do.

So I pitched the idea of a mommy blog to my bosses at work and amazingly, they bit. It's an audience we don't target, they said. We think it's a great idea.

Hence, why I love my job and never left North Dakota. Oh and the husband/baby thing. I guess you could count that too. :)

Anyways, we're still in the planning stages and I'm rounding up content, guest bloggers, images, house ads and desperately trying to develop a clever name relating to "Jamestown" and "mom." Advice? I'm all ears.

I'm so excited about this opportunity and hope that it turns into half of what other newspapers have done. It's an opportunity for both revenue and readership growth in a struggling industry and best of all, that growth comes from providing useful and helpful information to readers - exactly why newspapers exist and what they do best.

These blogs won't be the same. This blog is totally personal and frankly, Katie-centric. Sometimes, I don't even care to read it. Who cares about that Katie-chic anyway? The mommy blog will have silly, fun stories, but also informational posts as well, sometimes straight from the source's mouth. Already, I've asked the police and sheriff's departments if they want to take part. Again, all parties expressed interest. Success.

So far, so good on the mommy blog front. I feared the start-up would require more work, more convincing than this. I'm so happy to be wrong. So happy, in fact, I might even knit an extra reindeer on Levi's Christmas sweater. :)

2 comments:

  1. Katie - this is a great idea! I know so many new moms in Jamestown and you will write a fun blog so I'm sure you will be a big hit! Good for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Katie! I tried to come up with a catchy blog name like momaha but for some reason Jamommatown doesn't have the same ring to it.

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter