While shopping for a few items at the Wal-Marts, I jutted through the apparel section, the quickest route from point A (skin care products) to point B (cereal).
I don't want to get into the morality of Wal-Mart. You won't find those opinions here. But I do have one problem with the chain, and that's its speed of service. Why is it that when I walk into the Wal-Marts needing milk and toilet paper, I inevitably leave with ketchup, mustard, Christmas cards and the newest Miley Cyrus DVD? It took me a hour and now I have to wash my bum with newspaper.
Anyways.
Mid-jut, I passed a middle-aged man with gray hair and a beard. The man was rummaging through a stack of Wranglers and speaking like a sailor drinking an ocean of whiskey.
"I can't never find jeans that fit," he said, seeking condolences from the nearest living soul, be that a young lady or a talking Halloween decoration.
Nevertheless, I sympathized. I grew up in department store dressing rooms.
My jeans were always too long in the leg, too narrow in the thigh or too wide in the waist. So I tried every pair. Every pair of Levi's, Bongo and Mudd. Every Saturday. Until I memorized the markings on the wall and knew all the Kohl's associates by name.
"I know how you feel," I said, apologetically and pausing for a smile.
"Yeah," he said. "And they're never tight enough. These kids with their..."
I'm not sure what he said after that. I was too busy running.
Mortifying myself without even leaving the house
-
Autocorrect on my text messages is making me look even more unhinged than
normal lately, so if you ever feel bad about your texting issues, please
enjoy th...
11 hours ago

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
ReplyDeleteYay for old men in their tight pants. And young ones... ;)